Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Inspirational Post























For my inspirational card share today, I'm sharing a card I made last week for the passing of a very special lady in my life.  Ruth Bell, known as Sister Bell to thousands, impacted my life and that of my family in a way that changed us...forever!  Her passion for the things of God was infectious, and her example of a strong, unwavering woman of God inspired me again and again.  I was privileged to know her and was inspired and challenged all over again at her funeral on Friday.  She passed from this life at the age of 85, having served the Lord wholeheartedly from a young age.  She read her Bible completely through every year, from the age of 10 until her death, as well as reading the Book of Psalms every single month.  That's a lot of scripture!  She used to say, "Mark the Word when you read it, and let it mark you."  What great wisdom!  Needless to say, Sister Bell had a passion for God's Word. 

I wanted to create a sympathy card that was feminine yet simple and unfussy.  That was Ruth.  I heat embossed the hydrangea (from the new hostess set Because I Care) as well as the greeting (from a retired hostess set, Warmest Regards).  I watercolored with an aquapainter using Soft Suede and Pretty in Pink and did lots of sponging with Soft Suede.  The flourish behind the flower is from the new Notably Ornate which has some lovely and very versatile images.  The scripture for the inside is a favorite.  I simply typed it out and ran a sheet of cardstock through my printer.  Then I simply rounded the corners with my 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch to finish it off and give it a polished look and also sponged it with Soft Suede ink to tie it in to the front of the card. 

You, too, can create your own custom sympathy cards.  I think they are one of the most special cards to create and give.  In someone's time of mourning, reflection, sadness, and grief, give some of yourself with a handstamped card...made by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment