Saturday, July 10, 2010

Almost Artisan Award

This is the last of my Artisan Award entries.  It's my 3rd scrapbook page entry and features my youngest son Alex and his wife.  They are true originals in every sense of the word, and I thought this scrapbook page did a fair job of capturing that. 

Although I created this page in March, all the colors and stamps are still current, having survived the Color Renovation. LOL  And as I've stated before, I like scrapbook pages that really highlight the photos.  That seems to me the main point of scrapbooking!  I like colors, embellishments, stamped images, and everything on a page to highlight rather than overpower the subject of the page.  I also like to use colors and images that are gender neutral or masculine when scrapping the men in my family.  When a couple is the subject as in this page, I go for the gender neutral look.  I think my Alex and Leah look sufficiently highlighted and are the stars of this page in colors and embellishments that suit them as a couple.  I hope you like it better than the judges!

Would you like to learn to scrapbook?  Or do you already scrap and would like to do so in a group environment on a regular basis?  I currently have space available in my 2nd Thursday Scrapbooking Hostess Club.  Call me at 210-492-3218 or email me at candy@sweetstamper.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment