Friday, August 20, 2010

What Happens in a Scrapbook Club?

I have a Scrapbooking Hostess Club that meets the 2nd Thursday of each month.  So what is the club all about?  Well, we make two 12 x 12 scrap pages each month for a total of 1 complete layout.  This month, we focused on summer (with daily temperatures hovering around 100F, it's hard not to think of it!) with coordinating items from the Summer Mini Catalog.  Here is our layout for August.  We used die cut flowers made with the Stampin' Up! Island Floral die, Tropical Party stamp set, and Island Oasis Designer Series paper along with some vivid card stock colors, all taken from the colors in the Island Oasis Designer Series Paper.  The large areas of solid card stock are meant to evoke images of striped beach towels in the hot sand and are picture-ready.

In addition to a monthly scrapbook layout, ready to pop in photos to make it complete, we have lots of creative fun.  Some of us stamped only palm trees at the bottom of the left page, some of us had very symmetrically arranged palm trees (you know who you are!), some of us added more of the die-cut flowers, some less.  You get the picture:  although materials are prepped for you, you make the pages YOUR way.  And although I design them (or Tiffany does and I copy her!), I oftentimes like what my fellow scrapbookers are creating better than my original creation.  Aaah!  The joys of stamping together!  For complete details about my clubs, click here (it's the club tab at the top of this blog).

I currently have space available in my Scrapbooking Hostess Club.  Won't you consider joining us?  This is a really fun group of ladies.  When I send out the reminder each month, about a week before our meeting, I let everyone know our color scheme and theme.  That way, members can bring photos with them, pop them into the layout, and walk out the door with totally complete pages.  It's a great girls' night out:  fun, scrapbooking, productivity, creativity, great company.  Call me at 210-492-3218 or email me by clicking on the "Email Candy" button to your right to sign up, and then...let's scrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment