Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Believe in Sunsets

Believe in Baja SunsetI created this for a recent swap and am happy with the way it came out.  For the main "art piece," I heat embossed the main image from the beautiful new stamp set Just Believe using Basic Black Craft Ink and Clear Embossing Powder on Glossy White Card Stock.  Then I used Sponge Daubers to apply the same colors used in my card, Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, and Baja Breeze to my Glossy White Card Stock, thus creating my sunset scene.  Although the scene was quite pretty, it needed a little something, so I turned to my Beautiful Wings Embosslit to add two small butterflies, one in Cajun Craze and one in Tangerine Tango.  Using the two shades of orange adds interest and keeps things from being "too much of the same."  Because the art piece on this card is quite large, I kept the greeting small and simple.  I did the same Basic Black Craft Ink followed by Clear Embossing Powder on Glossy White Card Stock for my greeting, matted it on Cajun Craze, and added two Gold Brads and a small loop of Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon. 


Stamps:  Sanded, Just Believe
Ink:  Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' Pads, Basic Black Craft Stampin' Pad
Paper:  Glossy White Card Stock, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze Card Stocks
Accessories:  Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Embossing Buddy, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Gold Brads, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval and 1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punches, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment