Sunday, June 6, 2010

Count Your Blessings!


I love the message on this card! Our blessings really do brighten when we count them.  One of my all-time favorite films is White Christmas.  In the film, Betty Haynes (Rosemary Clooney) is having trouble sleeping.  She goes to the kitchen where she encounters Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby).  They are becoming rather sweet on each other, and Bob wants to help alleviate Betty's concerns and soothe her troubled heart.  He starts singing a lovely song, "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep."  Although this was sung in 1954, the lyrics are just as relevant today:

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

Whether you can't sleep, find yourself in a difficult season of life, or just need a lift, try counting your blessings.  However small they may seem, they will truly brighten when you count them!  Count your blessings!

The card above is made with a mix of retiring colors and new core collection colors, retiring stamps and remaining current stamps.  If you would like further information about the above card, simple email me at candy@sweetstamper.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment