Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Artisan Award Entries

I submitted some of my work for Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Awards this year.  I didn't win:(  But I greatly enjoyed making all the projects, so I will be sharing them with you this week and next.  We had to submit 5 cards, 2 3-D items, and 3 scrapbook pages thus showing a wide range of our creative work as our Artisan Award Entries.  I had thought about entering the contest since January but didn't actually make a decision until the last week.  Story of my life!  LOL. So I was working like a madwoman, trying to make the deadline.  I do like to work under pressure--it's that adrenaline rush that works wonders for me:)

Anyway, here is my first piece to show you.  It's my daughter Tiffany shortly after she said "I do" to my wonderful son-in-law.  (Sorry for the bit of glare on the actual photo.  It's not like that in real life:)  I chose a very soft palette for this black and white photo.  I really like my photos to be the star of the page.  Although this is a bridal photo, it's actually a shot taken at the reception, rather off-the-cuff.  But it turned out lovely.  I added elements from the Pretties Kit--which is very appropriate for wedding scrapbooks--and used mostly neutrals with a little Blush Blossom.  It's one of my favorite retiring colors!  (It will still be available in pen form--yay!  But no more card stock.)

I used Emboss Resist as a border piece on this scrapbook page.  Emboss Resist is one of my favorite techniques.  Here I sponged it with Going Gray, Sahara Sand, and Blush Blossom, and it took on a sort of marble look.  Again, that's very appropriate for scrap pages of a bride.  You may also notice that I kept the journaling to a minimum.  I usually do.  Although I am very verbose in person (!!!), I usually keep my journaling concise on scrap pages.  That's just me.  I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but the Modern Label Punch piece is our Brushed Silver Card Stock.  It added just the right amount of shine without being too flashy.

Here's a pic of the Emboss Resist border before it was attached to the scrapbook page.  You can better see the detail here.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel
Ink:  Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad, Blush Blossom, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pads
Paper:  Going Gray Textured Card Stock, Basic Gray, Blush Blossom, Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Silver Card Stocks
Accessories:  Pretties Kit, Modern Label and Word Window Punches, Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment