Saturday, May 29, 2010

Little Boy's Birthday

For my Saturday Sample, I'm showing you a card I made for my son-in-law's nephew who is celebrating his 1st birthday.  He is a boy, so I wanted to use boyish colors.  His parents and entire family are big soccer fans, so I thought a soccer ball was an appropriate image.  Add a few birthday accouterments, some gingham ribbon, and voila!  You have a birthday card worthy of this celebration!  This is a proper boy birthday card.  Not too old and not too young.

I used the very fun and user-friendly stamp sets All in the Family, Family Accessories, Family Phrases.  These stamps are great for creating family-friendly cards and scrap pages.  You can add various sports equipment, toys, and party props to your designs.  You can also switch out clothes, hair dos, faces and bodies for a stamping version of paper dolls.  Just add ink to create your own family in stamps!

All the colors I used are retiring in June:  Ruby Red, Taken with Teal, and Crushed Curry.  If you want to order inks and/or papers with these colors, now is the time.  They are going quickly, so go to candystamps.stampinup.net to order now.

No comments:

Post a Comment