Friday, September 3, 2010

Scrapbook with Emboss Resist

Did you know that you can use cool stamping techniques in your scrapbooks?  Emboss Resist is one of my favorite techniques.  You can do so much with it.  I especially love to create my own, unique, custom embellishments.  They bring that truly unique look to my scrapbooks

This is an Emboss Resist border I made for a scrapbook page.  I wanted to create something that had the look of marble.  Here, I used the Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel--my favorite wheel.  I heat embossed it with Whisper White Craft Ink and White Embossing Powder for a very bright white, raised design.  Then I got out my sponge daubers and several colors of ink and started sponging and smudging.  It's very therapeutic and yields really beautiful results.

Here it is on my page.  What do you think?  I think it is a perfect border for this photo.  I could not have purchased this border.  It needed to be made by my hands, warmed by my heart.  I think Emboss Resist is the perfect look for this bridal photo of my daughter.

How about you?  Would you like to learn new techniques for scrapbooking?  Would you like to make your own custom elements?    Consider joining my Scrapbooking Hostess Club.  Full details are here.  I have a great group of ladies in this club, but there is room at the table for YOU.  Contact me today at 210-492-3218.  Our next meeting is September 9th.  You don't want to miss it!                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment