Friday, September 24, 2010

Inspired by Nature

My regular Friday Feature is scrapbooking.  Here, I hope to inspire you scrappers with fresh ideas and layouts.  And for you non-scrappers, I hope to inspire you to begin scrapping!  (You don't have to scrapbook your entire life, just scrapbook something you want to remember/commemorate.)

Last week I showed you the first pass on my 2-page layout for September Scrap Club meeting.  This week I'm showing you the final layout.  It's a 2-page 12x12, which is what we do each month.  Several things were featured in this month's layout.  Here's the breakdown:
  • Emboss Resist:  This is one of my favorite techniques, and here we created a little sunset element to coordinate with our nature theme.  No one at the meeting had previously done emboss resist, and they all loved it!  It's not hard and produces true "Wow!" results:)
  • Broadsheet Alphabet:  I love this new alphabet.  It reminds me a bit of Jumble Alphabet in that the letters are many different styles.  But Broadsheet Alphabet is a bit dressier and more refined than Jumble Alphabet.  Both these alphabets are super easy to use.  The various letter styles bring in a bit of a funky feel and look just as good when they are a bit off-kilter or uneven as when they are perfectly straight.  That works really well for me as I don't do well with stamping in straight lines!
  • Inspired by Nature:  This stamp set is so very versatile.  I especially love it for scrapbooking due to its large-scale images.  Here, we used it for the emboss resist piece on the first page as well as the grass on the second page. 
  • Tasteful Trim Die:  Do you see the strip of Not Quite Navy Card Stock in a sort of beaded design?  That is created with the Tasteful Trim Die and takes just a few cranks of the Big Shot to produce!  It's the Tasteful Trim XL Bigz Die in the Holiday Mini Catalog, and it's wonderful for scrapbooking!  Each piece of trim is 12" long, perfect for 12x12 pages or trimmed a bit for smaller pages.
This layout has room for 4-5 standard size photos plus journalling.  To purchase any of these scrapbook supplies, click here and enter my store for stress-free shopping:)

No comments:

Post a Comment