Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sewing with my Big Shot!


I just love the way my "Rag Bag" came out! I haven't sewn in decades, but this cute bag was beckoning me to dust off my sewing machine. I used 3 upholstery samples that were in the Bargain Bin at Hancock Fabrics. Cost of fabric: $3.00. Add 1 button, a little thread, and I have a cute new bag that I am so proud to carry.

Now my very pregnant daughter has requisitioned one for a diaper bag. There is no pattern for the rag bag; you just add or subtract squares to create the size you want. Tiffany's (also a Stampin' Up! demonstrator--check out her blog at ladybugstamper.com) request is for a larger version of mine with fabrics to coordinate with her shabby chic nursery for Baby Olivia.

This quilting project features the Scallop Square Die,(115950) a Stampin' Up! exclusive. I will be teaching a class at the end of May featuring fabric projects with the Big Shot. You won't want to miss that one! In the meantime, contact me for more details about quilting with the Big Shot. Cutting 8 layers of fabric at once in perfect detail makes projects come together quickly and easily. You can reach me at 210-492-3218 or candy@sweetstamper.com. Let's talk fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment